Finding a niche market for your business is an important part of your marketing plan. A lot of business-owners assume that they can market their services to anyone who needs them. This approach does not work precisely because it has no focus.
The purpose of niche marketing is to focus on a targeted group of prospects in order to provide better and more refined services, to create credibility within that group and to get them to notice you as the solution to their specific needs.
Steve Slaunwhite co-founder of TheWealthyFreelancer.com shares 7 strategies to find your niche market.
- Make a list of all the industries that your services could potentially serve;
- From that list select the top 6 based on their ‘business potential’;
- Select the next top 5 based on their desirability or ‘smile-factor’;
- Then out of those, select the top 4 based on ‘reachability’;
- Identify the next 3 best matches based on your credentials;
- Then select 2 of those based on ‘who you know’ in those industries;
- Finally pick the one that interests you the most.
Don’t select a niche without giving it considerable thought and analysis. What’s good for others in your field is not necessarily good for you. Go here to read the entire article by Steve Slaunwhite
What methods have you used to find your niche market?