Another common problem is the distrust of new media as a viable communication channel.
Incorporating New Media strategies:
The objectives of new media are to:
- allow for a huge increase in the volume of communication;
- facilitate increased speed of communication;
- allow for interactive communication;
- eliminate the problem of geographical distance.
Organizations are hesitant to embrace new communication platforms due to distrust of new technology, fear of change, unfamiliarity and a lack of respect for social media. Here are some tips to help eliminate this problem:
- Understand and accept that times have changed and that there are new ways of doing things;
- Look to your team for inspiration and ideas to make new strategies work for your brand;
- Observe your competition and note any new ideas that they are using to enhance their own brand – pay attention;
- Hire young talent that is passionate and enthusiastic about social media;
- Experiment with new platforms such as blogging, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to interact with prospects beyond your geographical location.
Is your organization struggling to embrace new media? Share some of your experiences and some of the ways you’re working to eliminate this problem. Stay tuned for the #3 challenge!