When his wife leaves him, a struggling salesman takes custody of his son and begins a heart-wrenching, life-changing journey that takes him from public bathrooms to private boardrooms. That was Chris Gardner’s success story and it was a powerful one!
Success stories are the simplest, most powerful sources of motivation that we have . They say to us, “If he could do it, I sure the heck can too!”
That’s why writing your business success story is so important. It’s a story that shows how your organization helped a customer to get out of a difficult situation and achieve real life-changing success!
Here’s 6 reasons to write your story:
- By showing how you helped your existing clients, your story helps prospects to understand a complex business problem that they’re experiencing themselves.
- Your story generates compassion because your reader might have faced a similar problem that your client faced in the story.
- It is credible because it represents a real-life situation as opposed to the one-sided claims made by your brochures.
- If your success story can demonstrate ROI (e.g. profits directly attributed to your solution) then it presents a compelling case for others to adapt your solution as well.
- Success stories demonstrate your client’s satisfaction.
- Everyone loves a good story. A good story helps your reader to take the first step in making a decision towards your solution, in anticipation of experiencing similar success.
Do you have a business success story that you would like to share? We’d love to hear it!